Retirement Manufactured Homes
A variety of housing choices for those age 55+
Tired of mowing a big lawn? cleaning a big house? caring for a big garden? Paying big taxes?
Want time to travel? Play golf? Fish? Read? Learn a new craft? Write the great American novel?
Need to conserve your retirement fund?
Dreaming of wintering down south?
Retirees, empty-nesters, and snowbirds fit a perfect niche at Klines Resort. Homes are comfortable, low maintenance, and come in a variety of styles and prices. It's your home, so you can decorate and fix it up as you please. Yards are small and easy to maintain, yet offer plenty of opportunity for the green thumb. Resort crews assist with leaf pickup, curb-side yard waste pickup, and tree trimming.
Better yet, living at Klines Resort is affordable. Site rent includes everything from water, sewer, and trash to road maintenance and street lights. Taxes are minimal: $3 per month on the manufactured home, plus a personal property tax assessment on leasehold improvements. Rent also includes access to the many Resort facilities and programs. Even the boat ramp is free, or you can rent a dock space for minimal cost.
Snowbirds and seasonal residents love our "snowbird discount" when their home is vacant. They appreciate knowing our winterizing service and security patrols will keep an eye on things while they are gone.
Your guests are welcome! You'll love having the grandkids visit, and sharing the resort's facilities with them. Our annual "Kid's Fun Day" is a highlight for many age 12 and under. Better yet, your friends and family can reserve a campsite and bring their own "guest bedroom" when they visit.
You'll love our fishing and recreational opportunities. You'll love our paved roads, treated water, and many resort amenities. You'll love our location and convenient access via US 131, I-94, and the Indiana toll road. You'll love our friendly community, active social calendar, clubs and activities.
Manufactured home sites are offered in 3 basic sizes with 3 parking options. Rent steps up an additional $10 per month for each site category.
There are 3 categories of manufactured homes sites. These include:
- 40 x 80 sites: Our smallest sites have on-street parking. Since these are our earliest sites they are typically closer to the lake. Homes on these sites are either newer models or well-maintained older models, usually with one bathroom and 1 or 2 bedrooms.
- 50 x 100 sites: These make up the majority of the resort's home sites. Those on Cherry Oak St. have off-street parking under carports, while the remainder have on-street parking or access to rental garages on an alley. Both single and double section units are available.
- 60 x 120 sites: The newest sites are found on North Center and North Beach Loop. The majority of these are doublewides with attached garages.
Manufactured homes at Klines range in size from 600 to 1,600 sq. ft. and are priced anywhere from the mid $20's to the $120's. Homes come with a wide variety of leasehold improvements, including carports, garages, sheds, heated additions, porches, and decks.
Since manufactured homes are designed for year-round living, all homes are equipped with a natural gas furnace and a heat tape on the water supply. Appliances may be gas or electric. While most units have central air, a few rely on room air conditioners.
In order to place a home "For Sale" at the resort, it must be inspected and approved by management. Copies of these inspection reports are available from the office.
Click HERE to check out the manufactured homes currently "FOR SALE" at Klines Resort on our listings page.
Interested? Complete the application and credit check forms and return with a $100 deposit plus the appropriate credit check fee. You must complete an interview and receive a letter of approval from the office BEFORE you finalize the purchase of any home at Klines Resort.
See the following for additional information and application forms:
- How to Apply
- Resort Guidelines
- Manufactured Home Buyers Handbook
- Manufactured Home Rates & Optional Services
- Application Form
- Credit Check Application instructions and form
- Sample Lease
Equal Opportunity Housing: Klines Resort does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color or national origin. Campsites are open to all ages if accompanied by a responsible adult age 21 or older. Manufactured home sites are reserved for occupancy by at least one person 55 years of age or older as allowed under the Fair Housing Acts. Exceptions to this requirement are allowed under certain conditions.
- Site Map
- Sample Clubhouse Use Agreement & Rules
- Calendar of Events
- Resort Report Newsletters
- Local Attractions
- Resort Guidelines
- How To Apply
- 7 Reasons to Own a Resort Home
- 2018 Drinking Water Quality Report
- Comingle Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
Information for Short Term Campers
- Short Term Camping Rules
- Pet Rules for Short Term Campers
- Short Term Camping Rates & Cancellation Policies
Information for Seasonal Campers & Park Models
- Seasonal RV's & Park Models Rates & Optional Services
- Terms of Seasonal Camping & Park Model Agreement
- Seasonal Camping Application (RV's only)
- Application for Seasonal Residency (Park Models only)
- Credit Check Application & Instructions (Park Models only)
Information for Manufactured Home Buyers
- Manufactured Homes Rates & Optional Services
- Sample Lease for Residency in Manufactured Homes
- Manufactured Home Buyers Handbook (State of Michigan)
- Application for Residency
- Credit Check Application & Instructions